Friday, February 3, 2012

I grow Gourds. From nice thick shells this year all my crop was paper thin shells. Can anyone tell me why?

A cold wet growing season can effect the gourds shell. It could also be not enough fertilizer. I add a lot of fertilizer and water a lot. Gourds need a lot of both, plus war weather.



Gourds like a long warm growing season. I live in a zone 5 so start my seeds indoors to make up for a short season

Denise http://thegardenersrake.com

I grow Gourds. From nice thick shells this year all my crop was paper thin shells. Can anyone tell me why?
Okay this is a guess, did you leave the gourds growing on the plant until they were fully matured, or maybe something like bad weather stopped the plant growing too soon for the gourds to finish maturing?

loan

No comments:

Post a Comment