Saturday, January 14, 2012

Does anyone no where I can get a tube thing that holds the shells for a 12 gage Model 500/88 Maverick Mossberg

I don't really know what exactly its called but it's the cylinder that holds all the shells. Ive looked all over on the internet and so far I haven't found anything yet, I really need to get this part? Can anyone help me?

Does anyone no where I can get a tube thing that holds the shells for a 12 gage Model 500/88 Maverick Mossberg
The "Tube thing" you are referring to is called the 'magazine tube'. The following links have everything you need except for a wooden dowel for your plug.



Magazine Tube, Spring and Follower: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...



Magazine Tube Nut

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...



As I said earlier, if you want to have your plug or need to (many states require it by law) all you need is a small wooden dowel about the width of one pencil and the length of two. This part goes inside the spring while the follower is pushed up against it. This plugs your magazine to only carry 2 or 3 shots, depending on the length of your dowel.



If you choose not to install the plug, you only need the nut and the magazine. Check your local and state laws before doing so.
Reply:Its called a Magazine tube...... You can contact Mossberg directly for parts..... See the link


No comments:

Post a Comment